Twitter

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Callback.

May 3rd, 2010 - YAY!

I had a feeling all day Monday that today was going to be THE day. I kept checking my cellphone at work and wouldn't you know it, I eventually got it!!! I was originally told when I made my first payment that it would take between 2-4 weeks to get the aligners. Lucky me it only took a week and a half.

As soon as my next work break took place, I called back my dentist to schedule my appointment. I had planned to get a cleaning done at the same time, but because of scheduling issues, it was impossible to have both during the same appointment. So next Monday, May 10th, I will be getting fitted with the aligners, and on Tuesday, May 11th I will get the cleaning done!

I've also decided to take a week off from work next week to help myself get adjusted to the aligners, and the frequent brushing. I will need to learn how to take them out and put them back in and I can't forget the possible pressure or pain they will cause my teeth. Hopefully by taking the week off will help me devise a routine, and a way of doing things for when I am at work or out and about town.

I look forward to going in on Monday. It should be interesting to see the trays shaped to my teeth. I am very curious to see what they will look like in my mouth and to finally get an idea of what they feel like too. I wonder how bad my speech will be affected if at all.

Countdown: 5 days till my appointment (Tray #1)

P.S. - I wonder if she will put the attachments in on Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment