Twitter

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Drinking & Eating.

May 30th, 2010 - My thoughts and experiences about food and drink.

So on my very first consultation, my dentist told me that I had to remove my aligners to eat, but I could drink whatever I wanted with them in. This was great news to hear, considering I had read almost on every blog and forum that you could only drink water with the aligners in.

All my dentist told me was to use a soft toothbrush to brush my aligners and if there are any stains, to use a small amount of peroxide.

So since I've gotten my first set of aligners, I have been drinking whatever I want while wearing my aligners; beer, soft drinks, tea, chocolate milk, juice, I've even drank a mint milkshake with them in, you name it, I'm drinking it! Although I will admit that when I am at work I have a tendency to solely drink water, it is just more convenient. 

I've noticed when I eat that I can only eat on one side or the other, and I have to chew slowly, otherwise I hurt my mouth and teeth. I can no longer eat anything too hard or crunchy, like toasted sub sandwiches. In fact, anything that requires me to take a bite out of something has now become a no-no for me to eat. The other day I had to eat my hot dog (which wasn't even toasted) with a knife and fork. I couldn't take a bite out of it! I haven't had any kind of chips or cookies in over a month now. I miss them!! Oh well, it is (hopefully) well worth it in the end.

I brush my aligners before I put them back in, every single time, since I have noticed with the first set that they can get pretty grimy with time and usage. With time, I have to brush them for longer periods of time in order to get them clean, but I have of yet to see any stains on my aligners. I just make sure that after every meal, I thoroughly brush my teeth before putting my aligners back in.

We shall see what the outcome of this will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment