Twitter

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Updates, and Tray #13

Good Evening,

I realize I haven't posted any updates in a seriously long while. I must admit I have been quite lazy these past few weeks. I honestly felt that what I had to say about my experience hasn't been very remarkable or even interesting. So far everything has been going well, with only slight concerns (as of lately anyway).

So I am now on aligner set #13 (of 20). Everything up till now, has been going smoothly, although I have started to notice since tray #12 and now also #13, that my 2 front teeth are finally being pushed closer together. Awesome, although as a result of this movement, I have been experiencing some discomfort with the gums in-between my 2 front teeth. On aligner set #12, my gums bled for the first 2 days, after which they simply hurt every time I took my trays out or put them back in. This time when I changed to tray #13, I figured it would be the same situation again. Especially since my front teeth are finally starting to straighten out, I figured I would be in some pain and discomfort until my gums had fully parted, giving way to my teeth. Turns out I was lucky, the first day after the changeover, I felt nothing. Thinking that was great and silently hoping it would continue this way, I soon realized that by day 2 my gums begun hurting when putting my trays back in (in the same spot, right between my 2 front teeth). And this morning while brushing my teeth, I made my gums bleed again, and has since been quite sensitive when brushing, eating and putting my trays back in. I've begun being more hesitant when going into the bathroom to put them back in now because of it.

Aside from that slight annoyance, everything else is going well. I had my checkup a few weeks ago and she told me my teeth were going along nicely. She took new x-rays of my teeth, so on my next appointment (in about a month's time) I should get news on my progress thus far. Also I will finally have my clin check to post! Yay! I'll try in the next few weeks to post update pics of my progress. I have pics of tray set #9 right before switching to set #10, so I will try to get those up soon as well!


Currently on aligner #13: Week #1
Next appointment: November 26th 2010

2 comments:

  1. Many people have the embarrassing issue of crooked or crowded teeth. One of the most obvious solutions for the orthodontic problem is to get braces, but with more and more teens and even adults needing their teeth straightened, there is another option known as Invisalign. Invisalign is a clear set of hard plastic aligners that are fitted for your mouth. They must be checked and replaced over the course of the first couple of months while they work at aligning your teeth into proper position. Invisalign is a preferred choice for adults and teens because they are practically invisible due to being clear. However, as with all things, there are both pros and cons to using Invisalign. It’s important to know all the details before you decide to get fitted with the aligners at Orthodontist & Invisallign Doctor in Whitefield, Bangalore.

    Pros of Invisalign
    There are several advantages to getting Invisalign instead of opting for traditional metallic braces. Here are some pros of the clear set of aligners:

    Comfort: Invisalign is much more physically comfortable to wear. Since there are no wires or brackets, you don’t have to worry about getting any painful nicks or cuts in your mouth. They are smooth and won’t irritate your mouth. The aligners are similar to a mouth guard and lack any sharp edges.

    More Attractive: Since Invisalign is clear, it doesn’t leave you with a mouth full of metal. In other words, they are more attractive to the eye, and most people won’t even know you are wearing them. That means you can feel free to smile and don’t have to feel overly self-conscious.

    Convenience: Invisalign has become a norm for straightening the teeth, which means that you don’t necessarily have to deal with metal braces. This makes them very convenient, especially as they are available on a widespread scale.

    Can be Removed: Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, brushing your teeth and flossing. That is something that cannot be done with braces. It allows you to eat foods you want and practice better oral hygiene, which helps to lower your risk of developing gum disease while you go through the process of straightening your teeth. You won’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck, which happens with traditional braces.

    Minimal Maintenance: Invisalign aligners require minimal maintenance. They can get dingy over time when you wear them, but you can freshen them by using a toothbrush dipped in a small amount of bleach and water. Scrubbing them for a minute will eliminate any stains. You only need to do this every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invisalign vancouver I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete