Twitter

Saturday, April 17, 2010

First Consultation.



March 12th, 2010 - Curious.

My very first consultation…. I was very nervous. But it was a breeze, nothing to worry about.
During the first consult, the dentist or orthodontist checks the alignment of your teeth, checks your jaw joints, inspects the condition of your teeth, and then proceeds to make a mold of your top and lower teeth as well as your bite impressions. Lastly she/he does an x-ray of your mouth. None of these were bad in any way!

I choose to make my appointment with a dentist who is a Premier Provider (which means she’s had hundreds of Invisalign patients). Before my appointment, I did tons of research, on websites, forums, you name it! I wanted to be prepared and I wanted to know as much as possible about Invisalign, the good as well as the bad!

So by the time my appointment came around, I had a pretty good idea what to expect. My appointment was March 12th, 2010 at 12:30 pm. I was nervous, I can’t lie. But the dentist explained every step and everything she was doing. This made it all that much easier for me.

After all the molds were taken and the x-rays were complete, she had me watch an “informative” video on Invisalign. It wasn’t so much informative as it was an ad to sell Invisalign. Regardless, I watched it, after which I had the opportunity to ask her questions.

My main question to her was this: “With your experience, do you think I am a good candidate to get Invisalign?” This was my concern; I knew that my lower jaw was much further back in my mouth, and that it could possibly cause some problems when straightening my teeth if it wasn’t surgically fixed. I appreciated her answer, she was upfront with me. She basically told me that getting Invisalign would be a “compromise”, that I would never have a perfect bite unless I had surgery. But if my main worries were the alignment of my front teeth, Invisalign would be an option for me to consider. But we would only know for sure once the results came back from Invisalign.

So now my next appointment is April 9th, 2010 at 12:30 pm. I am really excited to see my teeth in 3D, and to see what my teeth may look like after Invisalign.

No comments:

Post a Comment